Graves · Nevada · Newspaper clippings

Man dies from eating library paste

July 14, 1908
Goldfield, Nevada
An unknown man dies after eating library paste

Little is known about the man, though the county physician found he was “nearly starved” when he ate the contents of a jar of library paste. The paste was primarily comprised of water and either flour or starch, which may have prompted a starving man to consume it for some amount of relief from his hunger. Unfortunately, library paste also contains alum which is toxic in elevated levels. According to the Reno Gazette-Journal (July 20, 1908), the man carried a letter addressed a person with the name of Ross, though this produced no leads to his identity. He was buried, a grave marker listing the brief amount of information known about him.


[Source]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s